Darcey Bussell will open the huge outdoor event
For balloons, bubbles, burgers, beer, sequins and sparkles come and join in the fun at the Wimbledon Guild Village Fair on Saturday June 27.
It will be officially opened at 11am on the main stage by former Principal with the Royal Ballet company and BBC One's 'Strictly Come Dancing' judge Darcey Bussell CBE.
The Wimbledon Guild Village Fair is an enjoyable, traditional fair with something for everyone on the beautiful Wimbledon Common Southside.
It is the largest outdoor event in South West London, free to all the family, attracting visitors in their thousands.
The fair is organised by the Wimbledon Guild to help their charitable aims to support ageing, encourage mental well-being and tackling hardship, helping as many local people as possible through challenging periods in their lives.
Chief Executive Wendy Pridmore said: "With a new date, new exciting attractions and fantastic guest appearances by Darcey Bussell CBE and MasterChef finalist Paul Bogle, the Wimbledon Guild Village Fair promises to be an exciting day for all the family.
"The fair raises vital funds and awareness for the Wimbledon Guild as a local charity and for our work throughout the borough of Merton. Come and have a chat with our friendly teams at The Wimbledon Guild Marquee and find out about how we help local people and how you can get involved too.
· You can win a chance for your child to meet Darcey Bussell CBE on stage – simply text STRICTLY + child’s name to 78866 by 25 June. See www.wimbledonguildvillagefair.org.uk for full T&Cs.
· An exclusive cookery demonstration at the Wimbledon Guild Marquee by MasterChef 2015 finalist and culinary expert, Paul Bogle while Hilary, chef at the Guild Café, will be creating and decorating tasty rhubarb cupcakes – all for you to try! Want to find out about your local charity? The Wimbledon Guild teams will be on hand to show how we can make a real difference to local people needing our help.
· Visit the traditional horse show with competitions, musical rides and jumping events running throughout the day. Plus pony rides for would-be riders that are not as experienced and want some equestrian fun.
· Enjoy a feast at the stalls in the North & South Food Villages. From Oriental delights to gourmet burgers, freshly-made milkshakes, fine ales or a glass of bubbly at The Champagne Tent.
· Plus a Farmers' Market and over 200+ Arts & Craft stalls, selling local or handmade products: fashion, toys, jewellery and much more.
· The Jazz Tent will be providing a line up of singers and funky live bands. The Main Stage will give a flavour of new full body aerobic workout DDMIX, a fantastic hit musical from the New Wimbledon Theatre line-up right through to delightful local school performances.
· Want to see the Disco Dogs & Dancing Queens? Look no further than the Fun Dog Show and join in the fun. Shows run between 11am – 3.15pm. Show entries £5 per dog per class with a variety of classes.
· Bring your children to two special areas. Take tennis tips from AELTC's head coach Dan Bloxham, enjoy exciting Laser Tag, Water Zorb Balls as well as Soft Play and Arts & Crafts for the little ones. Or come and see the fantastically fun Miss Ballooniverse team, creating characters, costumes and jewellery, all from balloons!
June 15, 2015