Hi, not up to date on new openings, but what does everyone recommend for a family restaurant/bar for post panto drinks and food?
Have a group comprising 5-11 year olds. Not on a budget. Would prefer somewhere more informal, but serving great food!
Thanks for your help! Jo
Jo Don ● 37d0 Comments ● 37d
I am a native and qualified French teacher with several years of experience and I offer online one to one French lessons to all level and ages. I cover sentence structure, grammar, verbs and we will build up your conversation to slowly get you confident and comfortable with the language.
I provide all material, and depending on your expectations and your way of learning, I make the classes either more interactive or more academic.
I make sure we cover
* the practice of conversation and building up sentences
* grammar and verbs learning
* vocabulary and sentence structure explanation
* pronunciation, reading through article of your interests
As I think learning needs to be fun, I can make the classes more or less interactive, using books, games and magazines that I bring from France. All classes can happen on Zoom, Skype or Teams as you prefer.
I charge £30 per hour.
A bientôt !
Elise Baerd ● 60d0 Comments ● 60d
Anyone wishing to support the More Loos for Merton campaign can join their Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/997163071478490 or email: email@example.com. The Merton Council petition to ask the Mayor of London and TfL to install toilets at Morden Underground Station can be found here : https://democracy.merton.gov.uk/mgEPetitionListDisplay.aspx
Julie Johns ● 90d0 Comments ● 90d
PLEASE SHARE. I have been in contact for about 10 years with 2 daughters and a son of former world light-heavyweight boxer Freddie Mills. I know a documentary regarding their father being falsely accused of being "Jack the Stripper" The Hammersmith Nudes Killer was being made. It is now finished and Freddie's daughter Amanda Mills sent the following message to me today.Hi Neil. Yes. We are all well thank you. It's been confirmed for Wed. Aug 1st .BBC4 9pm Murder in Soho. Who killed Freddie MillsTrailer is running now....BBC4 Best wishes Amanda
Neil Milkins ● 1965d1 Comments ● 337d
If you only have a few rats and you are comfortable with DIY solutions, then there are a few things you can do to try and get rid of them. Make sure that all food sources are secured and sealed away, remove any potential nesting sites and block off any potential access points. You can also use traps and baits to try and catch the rats, and you can also use repellents and deterrents to try and keep them away.
However, if the infestation is more severe, then it is likely best to call a professional pest control service. They will be able to quickly identify the source of the problem and will have the knowledge and tools to get rid of the rats quickly and safely. Source: https://bonaccordpestcontrol.co.uk/
John White ● 357d0 Comments ● 357d
As Lead member of your local fundraising group, you will be the key liaison between staff and volunteers. You will organise and manage volunteers, meetings, events, collections and keep group members up to date with news and events.
What will you be doing?
Organizing and attending events such as the Great Guide Dogs Tea Party, Pub Quizzes and collections in your local area
Encouraging local businesses, schools and groups to name their own guide dog puppy
Building relationships with local networks, socials groups, schools and businesses
Encourage them to host their own event in support of Guide Dogs
Working as part of Guide Dogs’ fundraising team with staff and volunteers
Liaising with Community Fundraiser informing them of events in your area
Making sure your fundraising policies and procedures are followed
Being a passionate local ambassador for Guide Dogs
Ensuring that any information provided by Guide Dogs is cascaded to relevant supporters or volunteers
Ensuring income raised from events is banked in a timely manner
What skills or experience are required?
Able to generate enthusiasm
Good communication and team-working skills
Able to motivate people
For further information and to apply for the role please visit Volunteer Role - Fundraising Group Coordinator | Guide Dogs
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Desiree Nathanielsz ● 395d0 Comments ● 395d
I work for a casting director called People-File (https://people-file.com/) and we are currently casting an art film project with a British filmmaker. We're looking to speak to and possibly film people in the UK who do the lottery every week. The piece will be an authentic investigation of the hopes and dreams of people throughout the UK.
If you play every week or know someone who does, please email me. My email is email@example.com.
Thanks so much, I hope to hear from some of you soon!
Eilidh Duffy ● 446d0 Comments ● 446d
Are you looking to start your fertility journey? We are offering FREE 15 minute chats with our specialist doctors at Concept Fertility Clinic. Ask all of your initial questions and find out how we can help you start your family or preserve your fertility. Call us on 020 33 88 3000 to book your free consultation and mention the SW19 website.
Claire Rudd ● 489d0 Comments ● 489d
Are all the links between Abertillery and Hammersmith double child killer Harold Jones and other unsolved murders just coincidences?
Here are the facts.
(1) Just before Jones was released from prison he repeatedly informed the prison authorities that he did not want to lose the desire to kill. That was the same desire that he admitted that he had in 1921 as a 15 year-old boy.
(2) The governor of Maidstone prison from where Jones was eventually released stated in a report: "He is callous but would be the last to admit it. Sad as it may seem I can see no hopeful prospect for Jones in the future." The prison chaplain also reported that he felt Jones was a "no-hoper."
Professor Mike Berry, (Consultant Clinical Forensic Psychologist.) visited Abertillery and a number of London locations during the filming of Dark Son - The Hunt for a Serial Killer over a 12 month period. His conclusion was that Harold Jones was the Hammersmith killer. (8 unsolved London murders that were the largest unsolved murders in British criminal history.) He stated that he believed after reviewing all the evidence that Jones after leaving prison had killed again and again,
(3) Jones had lived 2 streets away from 3 of the 8 women murder victims in Fulham and Hammersmith as well as 50-100 yards away from murder victim Ignac Ulycz in Putney. The police in the 1960's were not aware of Jones' past and he was never a suspect in any of the murders until after 2008.
(4) Jones' own daughter has stated that her father would leave her and her mother at home at the times of the killings and book into Rowton House, a doss-house in Hammersmith whenever her parents would have a row. The daughter stated that she now believes her father would do this in fear that he may kill his wife in temper. Jones' own son-in-law stated that "There's no smoke without fire is there?"
(5) One woman prostitute told the police that she had got into a punter's car with a man who showed her a London Metropolitan Police warrant card. She panicked and quickly exited the car. The man offered her some cash. Was the man Harold Jones using his father-in-laws police warrant card. (His father-in-law John Widdows was a retired London Metropolitan police officer.) The woman some time later became the 7th of the 8 murdered women.
(6) Harold Jones stored the bodies of Abertillery murder victims Freda Burnell and Florence Little in Abertillery until it was convenient to dispose of their bodies. At least 4 of the Hammersmith victims were stored before being dumped at various London locations.
(7) All Hammersmith victims were demure and childlike in stature.
(8) Harold Jones had an oral fixation at the time of the Abertillery child murders. It is recorded by his then 13 year-old girlfriend Selina Mortimer that Jones had asked her to spit in his mouth. The Hammersmith killer also had an oral fixation by removing the teeth or dentures of his victims.
(9) At least 4 of the Hammersmith victims had been stored (in an electricity sub-station on the Heron Trading Estate Acton) before being dumped at various London locations. Jones' daughter has stated that her father had worked as a sheet metal worker in Acton but wasn't aware of where in Acton. This is something only the police would be able to ascertain.
(10) After Harold Jones was jailed for the murder of Florence Little he bragged about his ability to outfox the police during the earlier inquiry into the murder of Freda Burnell. He said: "The arrival of the men from Scotland Yard fascinated me. I had only read of Scotland Yard men before. Now I saw them in the flesh - and I beat them." I am convinced that Harold Jones went to his grave in 1971 knowing that he had beaten them again.
I am in contact with adult children of 5 of the 8 Hammersmith murder victims. Learning of the deaths of their mother's has had an incredibly negative impact on them. They all feel cheated that it seems as though the police have no appetite for reviewing the case.
I am also in contact with the families of 2 men that have been wrongly named as the killer. (Mungo Ireland and former world light-heavyweight boxer Freddie Mills.) They are also distraught that their fathers' good reputation has not been restored. Freddie Mills' daughter Amanda told me that owing to the stigma regarding her father that she hasn't told her teenage son that his father was a famous world champion boxer.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON.
Neil Milkins ● 530d0 Comments ● 530d
Some Worple Road residents have had raw sewage force its way up under their manhole covers in the past days (early October 2021) the same happened in July 2021. Last year it happened twice and since 2016 it has been a regular thing. It is getting worse. Thames Water are difficult to get hold of and reluctant to come out to clean up their mess. Bad weather conditions is their excuse but a bout of heavy rain — not torrential — caused the most recent problem. The sewers we pay for are not fit for purpose if they spew raw sewage on to residential properties. A particular weak point is the sewer at the junction of The Downs and Worple Road. Who else has had this problem? Please report it here, thanks!
Mike Gleeson ● 789d0 Comments ● 789d
UNLESS you opt out by deadline 23rd June using this link: https://www.civicmc.nhs.uk/files/2021/05/Opt-out-Form.pdf all GP medical records in England (?& Wales) will be uploaded on 1st July to NHS Digital's database.https://www.theregister.com/2021/05/13/nhs_data_grab/:" 'Biggest data grab' in NHS history stuffs GP records into a central store for 'research' – and the time to opt out is now.The 55 million citizens of England will need to opt out of the involuntary scheme before it is introduced to prevent the entire history of their GP visits being slurped, campaigners told us. Opt-out forms are here [.docx]. We understand you will need to give this form to your GP practice before 23 June or your data held by your GP joins the central repository."
Una-Jane Winfield ● 922d0 Comments ● 922d
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO OPEN LETS ACT WIMBLEDON
As an introductory offer we would like to give the first members of our new Wimbledon camp 20% off! Use code summer2020 before August 1st! MONDAY - 10TH AUGUST - FRIDAY - 14TH AUGUST Confidence building musical theatre camp — Annie in a week
Book today- https://letsactdramaclasses.co.uk/products/wimbledon-summer-camp-age-4-8-limited-to-10-childrenwimbledonsummerschool
Offer may finish early if all spaces are taken! Camp is strictly limited to 10 children per class.
Amy Shone ● 1231d0 Comments ● 1231d
I am trying to find Wilkes family members that may still be living in Wimbledon. I have come across a number of Wilkes family photographs that I would like to forward to my family members in Wimbledon. My mother Annie Milkins nee Wilkes had a brother living at 9 Spencer Hill Wimbledon many years ago. His name was Roland Wilkes and he had married Maisie Halfhead. They had a son Roland and a daughter Connie. I don't know if Connie had children or if she is still alive. As I understand, Roland junior has died but I have been told that his son/s run a carpet shop/warehouse in Wimbledon. Is there anyone on this forum that is aware of the people I refer to.
Neil Milkins ● 1275d0 Comments ● 1275d
Any parents locally need a hard working committed teacher to work with their son or daughter? If yes, then contact me. I have 20 years of classroom experience and have plenty of experience of working with students of all abilities. I tutor students in A Level English Literature, English Language, Film Studies, IGCSE, Functional English, offer support with personal statement writing for UCAS and would love to help any younger children with reading, writing and creative lessons aimed at stretching able primary children. I am studying part time for my Masters in Literature and hence have some additional time to tutor your son or daughter remotely so get in touch with me. I am particularly interested in helping students with close literary analysis, organisation skills for GCSE and A Level and how to structure essays across the Humanities subjects. If this sounds of interest then contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Competitive rates. Reliable and committed.
English Tutor ● 1286d0 Comments ● 1286d
WCTT YOUNG ACTORS
CO. AND MERTON MUSIC FOUNDATION’S
BIG NIGHT OUT
7PM, MONDAY 3RD
the Wimbledon Civic Theatre Trust are teaming up with the New Wimbledon
present Big Night Out,
a celebration of young MMF and WCTT talent and the fabulous partnership between
these two Merton youth arts charities. It promises to be a night of magical
music and thrilling drama – full of songs you can sing along to and theatre
which will have you cheering the hero and booing the villain.
Big Night Out is an evening of two halves, showcasing
some of the very best young talent from across the borough. The first half will
see an uplifting musical programme from Merton Music Foundation’s flagship
band, the Merton Youth Concert Band, featuring plenty of family-favourites from stage and screen.
In the second half you can expect
lashings of comedy and audience participation in Twist a revolutionary 21st Century take
on the classic Dickens novel brought to you by the Young Actors
What more do you need to banish those
Tickets: £15 (group discounts available)
Produced by WCTT and Merton Music Foundation in partnership with New Wimbledon
and supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council
England and The Taylor
Rebecca Cresta ● 1424d0 Comments ● 1424d
Looking for an energetic honest home helper for one day a week (maybe more)
Must like small dogs (for dog walking)
Must speak good English and have references.
Please email for more details
Carla Sante ● 1441d0 Comments ● 1441d
Did you know you can park in Waitrose Car Park for 2 hours free when visiting the shops in Leopold Road?
Great selection of shops including café's , butcher, florist, hardware store, vets, hairdressers, barbers, off licence, pizza, Chinese and fish and chips.
The 1955 Club Café has recently opened. www.the1955club.com
Paul Baron ● 1518d0 Comments ● 1518d
A has refugee status and the right to work. He also has a good job as an engineer in Wimbledon.
His family of a wife and four children under 10 is due to arrive in the next month or so.
He would love to find somewhere not too far from where he works, so he can see the babies he as been separated from for a couple of years, when he isnt working.
please email@example.com if you can help.
Sara Nathan ● 1535d0 Comments ● 1535d