Dog Owners Warned Of "Poisoned" Chicken Dumped Around Wimbledon

Reports of the death of one dog and six being taken ill

Dog owners are being warned to be wary of their pets eating chicken pieces which have been reportedly left in and around the Wimbledon Common area.


One pet owner’s miniature Schnauser died last week after a walk on the Common the previous day. There are fears the dumped meat may have been laced with poison.


Another six dogs have said to have fallen ill, and dumped chicken pieces have been reported in the following locations:


Dog on Wimbledon Common

Murray Road

Copse Hill

Wimbledon Common (pictured left)

High Cedar Drive

Cavendish Avenue

Cottenham Park

Holland Gardens

Coombe Lane

Prince's Road


Police have been made aware of the allegations, and the RSPCA are also assisting them with their inquiries.

A Met police spokesman said: "Police have been made aware of allegations that a number of dogs have fallen ill after eating chicken left out on the street. Officers are investigating."


 February 5, 2019