Time to enter is extended
The closing date for the Merton Best Business Awards has been extended to Friday July 4.
Merton Chamber of Commerce CEO Diana Sterck has given her advice and tips to potential entrants:
1. Make sure your application tells a good overall story and "paints a picture" of your business or organisation
2. Include some key performance indicators
3. Make sure what you say is evidenced – use your performance indicators case studies and testimonials
4. Include facts and figures
5. Make sure your story stacks up – judges will always find the holes in what you say
6. Show your passion and make it captivating
7. Make it easy for the reader to easily glean the facts
8. Make it easy to read – typed not handwritten
9. Make sure you answer the questions
10. Include visuals as it breaks up the text (photos, graphs etc).
And finally get someone who doesn't know your business to read it – they will be able to tell you if it paints the picture.
She was speaking after meeting a number of enthusiastic businesses at the Chamber's Business Awards Workshop and Meet the Judges event.
The event, sponsored by Hartley Fowler and coordinated by Events and Pr, was aimed at helping businesses write their application to be considered for a 2014 Merton Best Business Award.
Entries for the 2014 Merton Best Business Awards close on June July 4. More information, including a full list of categories and T&Cs can be found on www.mertonbestbusiness.co.uk.
June 26, 2014