Tickets on sale now for ICANN including laughter yoga
Cannizaro Park - Diana statue. Picture: Francesca Snelling @ Akilipix
Wimbledon’s Cannizaro Park is shortly to host a health and wellbeing festival, with Pilates, laughter yoga, tai chi and mindful sketching all taking centre stage.
ICANN festival takes place Friday 10 – Sunday 12 June in the Grade II* listed park. Tickets are now available for the event at £15 per class.
ICANN has been organised by a team of volunteers from The Friends of Cannizaro Park who have worked with local specialists to design an expanded programme for this year with 12 different classes to choose from.
ICANN highlights include:
• A series of Pilates and yoga sessions focusing on the core, relieving tension and more
• Power up your Saturday morning with an hour of mediation surrounded by nature and birdsong
• Stimulate the immune system and improve circulation – all with a giggle thanks to Laughter Yoga with Tish Dodson from Wimbledon’s Jiva Health
• In Osteobreath Breathwork Therapy you’ll use elements of breath, movements, touch and sound
• New for 2022: Local artist Emz Finch has developed a mindful sketching technique. She’ll share some of the breathing and sketching tools she’s developed and help you tap into your artistic side by creating a postcard piece of tree art
• New for 2022: stress relief, improved sleep and balance are some of the benefits delivered by Sound Healing - a class of meditation using sound bowls and gongs.
There are 13 classes over the weekend, all taking place in the picturesque and peaceful grounds of Cannizaro Park, in a safe and socially distanced environment.
Refreshments will be available onsite and from the Park’s neighbour Hotel du Vin.
ICANN festival launched in 2020 as the first of a series of volunteer-run events designed to enhance visitors’ experience and appreciation of park.
Value Reading Articles Like This? Help Us Produce More
This site remains committed to providing local community news and public interest journalism.
Articles such as the one above are integral to what we do. We aim to feature as much as possible on local societies, charities based in the area, fundraising efforts by residents, community-based initiatives and even helping people find missing pets.
We’ve always done that and won’t be changing, in fact we’d like to do more.
However, the readership that these stories generates is often below that needed to cover the cost of producing them. Our financial resources are limited and the local media environment is intensely competitive so there is a constraint on what we can do.
We are therefore asking our readers to consider offering financial support to these efforts. Any money given will help support community and public interest news and the expansion of our coverage in this area.
A suggested monthly payment is £8 but we would be grateful for any amount for instance if you think this site offers the equivalent value of a subscription to a daily printed newspaper you may wish to consider £20 per month. If neither of these amounts is suitable for you then contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set up an alternative. All payments are made through a secure web site.
One-off donations are also appreciated. Choose The Amount You Wish To Contribute.
If you do support us in this way we’d be interested to hear what kind of articles you would like to see more of on the site – send your suggestions to the editor.
For businesses we offer the chance to be a corporate sponsor of community content on the site. For £30 plus VAT per month you will be the designated sponsor of at least two articles a month with your logo appearing if supplied. If there is a specific community group or initiative you’d like to support we can make sure your sponsorship is featured on related content for a one off payment of £50 plus VAT. All payments are made through a secure web site.
May 23, 2022
For general information about the Friends of Cannizaro Park visit www.cannizaropark.com.