Local pub has special relaunch event
A landmark Colliers Wood pub held a special relaunch weekend, which also raised funds for the Colliers Wood Spring Arts Festival.
The Charles Holden's "Big Weekend" included a formal opening by local MP Siobhan McDonagh (right) on Saturday (April 13).
The pub was formally known as the Colliers Tup, but has been taken over and renamed The Charles Holden after the architect who bought the tube to Colliers Wood in 1926.
New owners, The New Pub Company, have pledged to create a pub that will be at the heart of the Colliers Wood community.
They are now sponsoring 'Making Colliers Wood Happy' and their plans for the pub include an Allotment Society - with the pub having its own kitchen garden.
Other local societies based at the pub will include a Wine Appreciation Society, a Dining Club, a Mummas & Cuppas Club and a Wine Dinner Club.
Activities for the Big Weekend included a beer festival, face painting, a bouncy castle, live music. Cupcakes were on sale at £1 each, with the proceeds going to the Colliers Wood Spring Arts Festival.
April 14, 2013