Wimbledon launch for annual festival
Merton's 13th Celebrating Age Festival, aimed at the over 50s, will run from September 7-26.
The Festival is an annual extravaganza of activities, events, talks and information taking place over 3 weeks in September. Whether you're 50 or 100, you’ll find something to keep you young at heart!
The Festival this year has almost 200 events happening across the borough. There are a variety of exciting activities from the Races at Sandown Park, a Carribean Evening, weekly Zumba sessions, regular walking clubs, discos and much much more. Why not pop in to our centre and pick up a copy of one of our brochures?
It aims to:
- Raise the profile of older people in the community
- Showcase what's available to older people in Merton
- Encourage people to stay healthy in body and mind
- Encourage inter-generational activities and the sharing of values
- Celebrate our diverse community
- Promote the acquisition of new skills and knowledge.
August 7, 2015