Programme for Over-50s Festival unveiled
Merton's annual Festival for the Over-50s promises an increased range of activities from classes in belly dancing and ballet to darts and dominoes competitions as well as talks on gravestones and Wimbledon FC.
The event, entitled 'Celebrating Age 2010' takes place throughout September at locations across the borough.
It's been running for eight years, with the following aims:
• Raising the profile of older people
• Showcasing all that's available to older people in Merton
• Encouraging people to stay healthy, with an activity to suit everyone
• Encouraging inter-generational activities and the sharing of values
• Celebrating the diversity of our community.
This year's festival promises more evening and weekend events, new types of exercise including Pilates and tai chi in the park, as well as key events offering help and advice on living healthy and independent lives.
A 36-page brochure has just been released detailing the whole programme. Contact Sue Tickner, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208-648-5792.
June 24, 2010