District Line closures, road works and rugby traffic could cause chaos
A combination of roadworks, tube closures for engineering works and road closures due to the Rugby World Cup could make for a difficult few days for local residents.
From Saturday 24 October to Sunday 1 November there will be no service between Turnham Green and Ealing Broadway as London Underground replace and renew the track layout at Ealing Common.
Replacement buses will operate: Turnham Green - Chiswick High Road, for Chiswick Park - Gunnersbury (for London Overground) - Acton Town - Ealing Common - Ealing Broadway
However, TfL notices in Turnham Green station say that due to emergency road works on Acton High Street, replacement buses will be unable to serve Ealing Common and Ealing Broadway between Sunday 25 and Friday 30 October.
Local people are anticipating extra pressure on the already crowded Gunnersbury area.
The TfL work is part of the modernisation of four tube lines.
TfL say that after the work, points failures will be much less frequent, meaning fewer delays to customers and more reliable journeys through Ealing and Chiswick
The junction rebuild involves breaking out and renewing track and signalling over nine days from Saturday 24 October to Sunday 1 November. During the work the District line will need to close between Ealing Broadway and Turnham Green, with the Piccadilly line closing from Acton Town to Uxbridge on the two weekends during the period.
During the closure there will be some changes to transport services:
• The District line will not run between Ealing Broadway and Turnham Green. But the Central line will continue to serve Ealing Broadway every day as normal
• The Piccadilly line will run as normal on weekdays, providing alternative Tube routes from Ealing Common and Acton Town
• The Piccadilly line will close between Acton Town and Uxbridge on the weekends of 24/25 October and 31 October/1 November
• Trains will not run from Chiswick Park Underground station throughout, but it will be open to serve customers with tickets and information
• Rail replacement buses will serve Ealing Broadway, Ealing Common, Acton Town and Chiswick Park throughout the work, supplementing existing local bus routes
• LU will run 50 per cent more District line services to Richmond to serve the semi-finals and final of the Rugby World Cup on 24, 25 and 31 October
October 23, 2015