The Wimbledon Foundation sets up a new fund to benefit the community
Grants of up to £5,000 will be available to charities and community organisations across Wandsworth & Merton thanks to the Wimbledon Foundation Community Fund, a new initiative from the Wimbledon Foundation, the charitable arm of the All England Lawn Tennis Club, in conjunction with The London Community Foundation.
The aim of the fund, which will be looking to distribute up to £100,000 in the coming year, is to benefit the community and provide support for local organisations to meet social needs in the two neighbouring boroughs of Merton and Wandsworth.
Organisations will be able to apply for funding to support work that focuses on meeting local needs through addressing one or more of the following themes:
* Projects which improve mental and physical health and well-being
* Projects which address education, training and employability needs
* Projects which address poverty, disadvantage and isolation
* Projects which encourage community cohesion and improve inter-community relationships (including inter-generational activities)
In addition, priority will be given to organisations supporting the following beneficiary groups:
* BAME (Black and Minority Ethnic) groups
* Disability groups
* Lone parent families
* Older people
* Unemployed, those claiming out of work benefits
There will be two funding rounds during the year with closing dates of September 5, 2014 and March 20, 2015.
Visit http://communityfoundation.london/grants/available-grants/overview.aspx#grant-14 for more information and details of how to apply.
july 2, 2014